Type the name of a psychologist into the database search box. Put quotations around the name for best results.
- Search example: "Sigmund Freud"
For a more specific search add another keyword.
- Search example: "Erik Erikson" AND "identity crisis"
- Search example: "Jean Piaget" AND "learning theory"
Refine Your Results
In most databases, the results page gives you options to further refine the list of results (look to either the left or right side of the page). These options include Full Text, published date, document type, etc.
- Always select Full Text to make sure only full articles appear in the list of results.
- Limit the publication date to articles from the last 10 years, except for articles that are written by the psychologist whose theories you are researching. These articles may be much older than 10 years but are valuable sources of information.
The following are recommending databases for finding articles and information about different psychologists and their theories.