1. Choose an issue. This issue should be:
- current (within the last 2-3 years)
- newsworthy or controversial
- have political, social, or economic implications or be of personal interest to you
Examples of issues
- Are autistic students better off in public schools or in autism only schools? Why?
- Are vaccines safe or do they cause adverse effects in children?
- Should students with disabilities be held to the same academic standards as students without disabilities? Why or why not?
2. Start gathering information and sources. Use this research guide to help you research, find, and evaluate sources related to your issue.